It’s almost Independence Day. It doesn’t matter what you believe or where in the U.S. you live, you will celebrate with the rest of our country with a huge party, right? After all, freedom deserves a celebration.
As part of our nation’s celebration, we will fly our nation’s flag and don our red, white, and blue. So, it shouldn’t be a bit of a surprise that everyone will be creating decorations and dishes that show our patriotic spirit.
Walmart asked me to show y’all how I plan to serve up some red, white, and blue for this special day. Since I am all about ease, and very little fluff, I decided I’d tell you how easy it is to make some tasty Patriotic Pops.
<make your own patriotic pops>
Here’s what you do:
- Grab some of your favorite Gatorade flavors in red, white, and blue (of course).
- Pick up some popsicle molds at Walmart (my kids love the Ice Pop Sippers – found only in stores, but similar to these).
- Choose your favorite add-ins.
- Freeze each layer until solid, before adding the next flavor.
- Add diced strawberries to the last layer of red Gatorade before freezing.
- When all layers are frozen solid, remove from molds and roll in Pop Rocks before serving.
<freedom pops dipped in pop rocks>
Of course, you can make popsicles at home any time. The kids love to help, especially when it comes to choosing flavors and fun add-ins. The possibilities are endless and they are a refreshing treat on a hot day. Chocolate milk pops are a fun alternative to fudge pops, and any fruit juice tastes delish frozen, especially when loaded with fresh fruit.
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.